Monday, December 27, 2010

Comments and reviews

Just want to let people know that the reason I wrote this script, was because I have a dream of being a writer. All my life I have  had a creative side and I can get visuals of ideas in my head. Kind of like watching my own private movies. Well this is my chance to share one of these visions.
Its a test for myself, I need to know if I have the talent to share these visions and that people can see what I see. It is my first step in pursuing a career as a screenwriter. A first in my portfolio.

I chose this subject as my first  for two reasons. The first being the announcement by Legendary studios that they would be making a new Godzilla movie in 2012. This was great news because Legendary has had great success with 300, Hangover, and the new Batman franchise. But I still am leary that somebody can make a great Godzilla movie, especially after the Roland/Emmerich debacle in 98. Godzilla has been my childhood hero since I was 5 years old. Though most of the old movies are campy and can be very goofy, they have an incredible entertainment value, especially to a child. It left fond memories. As I grew older and looked back at Godzilla, I realized how serious the first movie was, and thought that the story could be retold in its original and frightening way, yet.... throw in a little humor to lighten the load.
So now I present to you. My vision of Godzilla 2012.
Enjoy, and please leave comments. Good or bad. I really need constructive criticism. This will help strengthen me as a writer. There will probably be more ongoing edits to this script as well. I know there are a few typos, and other minor changes that need to be made.
So the last thing I ask is for a review on a scale of 1-5 at the end whether you leave comments or not.
Review scale is as follows
1. Awful, trash this
2. Would make a good DVD
3. Good movie, enjoyed it, would tell others
4.Great movie, would see it again, highly reccommend
5. Epic, Would see multiple times, buy the DVD, and rave to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment